The Chicken Incident of 2012

We have this saying back home "You stick your hand on my plate, you'll draw back a nub."  I would like to think I am a pretty tolerant girl, but I am real serious when it comes to food. 

At the beginning of the semester, my roommate put some bagels down in the communal freezer in our dorm kitchen.  Someone ate them.  Now, I'm not talking, "Whoopsies, I accidentally ate one of your bagels," I'm talking "Hahaha- sucker I ate FOUR bagels in the span of two days!"  I figured we learned a valuable, if upsetting, lesson: don't leave stuff in the communal fridge that isn't wrapped up or labeled. 

No big deal right?  Lesson learned.  We moved on.  Fast forward a couple of months to last week.  I had gone to the grocery store and bought some staples.  I had a grocery bag with chicken and spinach in it.  I baked a couple of pieces, tossed everything back in the bag, tied the bag, and tossed it back in the fridge.  Now, imagine my hunger fueled rage as I sift through the contents of an entire upright freezer to find a bag neatly tied with only spinach, NO CHICKEN, in it at the bottom of the freezer.  Again, in the span of about two days someone had eaten AN ENTIRE BAG OF FOOD THAT WASN'T THEIRS.  To add insult to injury, I know every single person that lives in this dorm.  Every. Single. One.  Some one I know and have to go to class with every day, some one that WANTS TO BE A PHYSICIAN for goodness sakes, is a theif.  How do you make it this far in life and have no respect for other people?  In what world is stealing acceptable? 

HOW HAS EVERYONE MISSED THE "THOU SHALT NOT STEAL" MEMO?

Post-chicken-incident I have decided that I'm tired.  I'm tired of people acting like jerks and getting away with it.  Would you believe it if I told you that someone actually shoved me?  Shoved me like we were 8 years old and on a playground and I had just taken their swing or something.  And then acted totally nonchalant, like, "I dare you to say something, I DARE YOU."  This was pre-chicken-incident, or I would have said something, because we all know that I don't take shit.  Right?  I'm famous for my "taking-no-shit" skills. 

Here though, I've been trying to be a little more under-the-radar, low-key, mellow even.  Everyone is really "polite," so I'm not even ever really sure when I'm getting shit anyways.  But, between the chicken-stealing, the shoving, the breast-oogling professor, and the condescenging gunners- I'm just done. 

I'm fixing to start blessing hearts and busting balls.

Popular posts from this blog

The (Alternative) Commencement Speech*

Go ahead and stick a fork in me, I'm done

Talkin' funny

Life is hard and things are shitty sometimes

Faking it