I really really live here

It just hit me today that I really live here.  That I'm going to be living here for the next two years.  That this is the real deal.  Which might be one of those things that other people have a firm grasp on before they pack their life into suitcases and board an international flight, but, nope, not me.  No siree, it apparently takes me about five days.  I always expect to miss people- that part makes sense.  It's missing that intangible feeling of home that I think is going to be a problem.  It's knowing today is game-day and that there are 90k people in The Swamp and I can't even watch on TV.  It's not having anything to cook with but a microwave.  It's not being able to get in the car and just drive and drive and drive and get the hell out of here.  It's having to make new friends.  It's not being able to blow off steam at an impromptu hipster dance party.  It's the smell of fall in the air.  It's indecision and confusion and adventure and continuing forward because there is no going back.

Popular posts from this blog

The (Alternative) Commencement Speech*

Go ahead and stick a fork in me, I'm done

Talkin' funny

Life is hard and things are shitty sometimes

After the Storm